Tuesday, January 29, 2019 / by Troy Marsh
With subarctic temps on the way we need to talk about what to do to help prevent freezing and busting pipes. Here are a few simple tips
1) The Slow Drip - Make sure all of your faucets are on and slowly dripping. The movement of the water will help prevent the pipes from freezing
2) Cabinet Doors - Open all of the doors to the cabinets that the plumbing runs through; especially if it is on an exterior wall. This will help heat get to the pipes.
3) Small Heaters - If you have small electric heaters and can set them in the basement or in front of the sink cabinets it will help keep everything heated.
4) Keep the Heat Up - Keep the furnace heat up a bit higher than you may normally keep it at night. A few cents on your electric bill is far less than repairing a busted pipe.
5) Fans - Reverse the spin on ceiling fans. This helps pull the hot air up and circulate it around.
Please post an ...